Friday, July 22, 2011

Rapunzel

Today I had another job for wedding dresses. This time it was in Kyoto.

I had to shoot 16 dresses. First, we did all of them, just the front cuts. And when I thought we had already finished at 4.30 pm (job started at 10 am), it appeared that I had to do six of the dresses again - close-ups. And then I got really tired. But what I've learned while modelling is patience. Whenever something bothers or hurts me, I just ignore it. Everything passes, so as I shut up and don't complain, we finish the job earlier and I can go back home. There's no point of asking to sit down, or loosen up the dress to breathe normally - keep quiet and keep smiling.

Must mention that there is a new most annoying word in Japanese for me...Before it was "kawaii", now it's "gambatte", what means something like
hang on.
Stop telling me to hang on, I am hanging already for last 6 hours standing up, wearing a corset and pretending to have a favourite amongst those dresses. So no thanks! Just tell me how many dresses and cuts I have left, and give me some juice. That's all I need.

Otherwise the job was good and the clients&the photographer were really nice. I finished my job with 25 minutes overtime at 7.25 pm, got a lift to the train station and arrived home at 9. Was a long day again. But that's what I'm here for! ;)

The last make-up and hair. I felt like a japanese Rapunzel

No comments:

Post a Comment