Saturday, July 2, 2011

#604 Sunplaza Rinkai Hotel OR Osaka - and still no Earthquakes


Here I am, in my single room in Rinkai Hotel, Osaka, Japan, writing my first blog post. It is already 12 am. I am utterly exhausted, but I must write this
before I forget about all the important details.

I arrived in Kansai airport already at 9 am. I had had a pleasant 9,5-hour flight with Finnair. As always, the food was great and I had enjoyed myself
watching 5 episodes of   "How I met your mother"
I took the Limousine Bus from the airport to the first stop in Osaka, where our agency's manager Mitsu picked me up. He took me to my apartment, where I had some time to unpack and rest until I had to go to the agency at 2.30 pm. Luckily it is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
At the agency I first met all the bookers and managers.
Then I was measured. And I mean - REALLY measured: from hips, waist and bust, to shoulders, legs and ring sizes and even neck. This is the Japanese style.
After being weighed aswell, I could finally go to castings. First there was a casting for a famous Japanese department store - Takashimaya (where it occured I was NOT ordinary enough) and then another casting for some random clothes company - suites?! (where the dress I tried on, literally hanged on me). And in between, I also had a go-see (where the photographer or client just checks you out for future jobs, nothing certain yet).
In the meanwhile I met the only male model in our agency - Kolja (from Hamburg), who is currently visited by his girlfriend from Slovakia (who just happens to be a model aswell)
. Later on, I met the other 6 girls in Cosmopolitan management. After finishing our (2!) castings at 8 pm, we were driven back to our apartments. As I had only eaten a small yoghurt and some melon during the day, I joined two girls - Anna and Diana - for sushi. We went to this traditional sushi-bar nearby: just take the sushi plates you like from the counter and pay according to the number of plates you've emptied. One plate usually costs 105 ¥. I had only ordinary salmon sushi and then tuna-salad sushi. De-li-shi-ous!!!:)

I have to say that although I have always really waited for leaving Estonia, I was pretty frustrated this time. It was and is all so...different.
For now I've settled a bit and I hope it will be even better tomorrow, but I will still be missing my friends back home (in some strange way that has never happened before!). And I hope they are missing me aswell.





Oh, almost forgot. Because it is still the rainy-season in Japan, it was only around 25 degrees outside. Soon it will be over, and we are all going to suffer from the 35-degree temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment