Sunday, July 10, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle. I want to ride my bike.

Sorry for the missing post. I didn't feel I had anything to add yesterday. I had the most boring Friday. I went to four castings, exchanged some money to yen, and..well watched Desperate Housewives in the evening. I was supposed to go out, but I got back home around 9.30 pm, pretty tired and with an headache, so didn't feel like it. Besides, Marta didn't go out either, so I let myself have another rain check. I did manage to do something useful at last: I tried to memorise hiragana and katagana again, since I've forgotten most of what I studied in the Japanese class I went to two years ago. And I really do want to start practicing again. And where else than here, in Osaka and Tokyo.

and news: First - I had my first riceball this year.
As I remembered from last year, one of the best

This is my tuna&mayo riceball (onigiri)
onigiri's is the brown one (where the rice is mixed with soysauce) and has tuna and mayonnaise inside. I really like the salmon onigiri's aswell, but they tend to be rather dry.

And secondly: a new girl - Monika from Poland - arrived. She will be staying in the same hotel as I am and this far she seems really nice. We already found some things in common - like that she also finished high school this year, she will be taking a year off to travel and she wants to become a doctor aswell.

I decided I should wake up early on Saturday. Of course I didn't get myself out of bed before 9.30 again. But it's still well done. I had instant oatmeal and a slice of black bread for breakfast, then I went out for shopping. I spent almost an hour in the Ing's sports store trying to find a cheap & pretty swimming suite. Although on Sale, the cheapest one was 4200 yen. So I passed this thing on the list..
Still I did buy something. I got a blouse from
United Colors of Benetton. At first I bought the beige one but I went back to the store 10 minutes later and exchanged it for the pink one, since I didn't have anything that.. pink. I tried to find a waist belt aswell. No luck.
When I'd come back home and had lunch, I tried calling Polina, but she didn't answer. I hoped she had already gone to the Tipness and we would meet there..
So I finally took a bike from downstairs. Somehow (read: with some help) I managed to open the lock and
... enjoyed riding the bike. It's amazing how fast and easily you can pass through long distances. I must say - I am rapt. I have always dreamed of having a bike in a big city, so now - here I am, cycling through Osaka!




Ok, not through Osaka yet, but I did go to the Tipness. I made the membership card (finally!) and took the Queen's Yoga and Big Dance lessons. And oh-oh! I can say my Saturday was amazing! I enjoyed the lessons so much. Especially the last one. Yoga was yoga, lasted only for 35 minutes. It felt more like Hot yoga than Queen's yoga to me. Big Dance meant practicing a bit of different kinds of ballroom dances for 60 minutes: Samba, Cha-cha-cha, Waltz, Foxtrot and Tango. In the end we were dancing about 15 minutes nonstop. It was so much fun, I already decided to get my dancing shoes posted from Estonia, so it would feel more .. like dancing, not shoveling around in tennis shoes. I felt that the ballroom dancing lessons we had at school were much help - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep up.
I found out Polina is quite famous there - all the people in administration and in the classes seem to know her (well of course - only white girl around). Unfortunately I didn't meet herself in Yoga as I expected. She must be lost.
Anywho, this really nice Japanese lady from the last lesson started talking to me. She spoke English pretty well (for a Japanese person). She knew Polina of course, asked me all these questions and said a good word for me to the teacher. Yuka - (my new friend) - said that they all thought I was really cute. Well of course - the only tall, light haired and blue eyed girl in the whole building.
This time I wasn't frightened by all these Japanese staring at me. Yuka seems really nice and it's good to have some local friends. At least I know somebody will be waiting for me next Saturday.
I hope to be taking much lessons in the
Tipness as I can. It's a good way to practice Japanese aswell.
The schedule in Tipness and my brand new membership card

After the lesson I took my bike from where I had parked it - besides Uniqlo - and rode home. Then I went to the supermarket and then back home again. And I wonder - why didn't I know about the bicycle before??

Pretty crowded with bikes..no wonder

Now, as I've had my pumpkin soup & bread + yogurt & watermelon for dinner, and finished writing this post - with an hour! - , I hope to find out the plans for tomorrow.
It should be interesting. But about that - tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment