Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seoul: Until we drop


My second, and the last day in Seoul was long. And I repeat: it was a looong day
.
It started around 9 am, with me having less than 7 hours of sleep. (And let me remind you - the night before I slept only two hours). There wasn't a big hurry or anything, I just wanted to do as much as possible in the time left. I picked up my visa from the Japanese consulate first. Then I had a quick breakfast in a park nearby.

The area where I stayed, and also the consulate, was close to a big palace -
Gyeongbokgung, where I had a nice one-and-a-half hour walk.









I went back to my hotel around 1 pm, to drop of some stuff I didn't need anymore, so that I could have less to carry, when coming back shopping. And well, I did do some nice shopping. Mostly I bought some cosmetics and other body care products, but I also found a cool shop on Myeong-donggil, where they sold (and I bought) some cheap (mostly Korean) designer clothes.
I was so busy spending my money, that I almost forgot to have lunch again. Besides the Turkish ice-cream I got for free, I only had a vegetable croquette from a bakery to eat. So when I got back to the hotel again (around 7) I could truly say, I was shopping until dropping. Or at least, almost until my arms got ripped off from all the bags.

I planned to have a nice Korean dinner in some nearby restaurant, but you wish! I didn't have any time for that, because I still had much to do before going out.
I took a shower, I bought a lovely scarf, I got a set of make-up brushes and a new mascara from
Missha, I called Mr Taeki Noh as promised (although like seven hours later than supposed to) to say my goodbyes to him, and I (almost) packed my suitcase.
I took the subway and then a taxi to downtown. And again! the taxi drivers couldn't handle the address. And this time I even had it in Korean! So finally I gave the (second) driver a cellphone number to call, and I somehow finally met Peter. He is a actor/model/DJ/manager, who I now know thanks to Thomas. We first went to eat some Korean barbecue. And it was delicious! Although a bit messy to eat (as a beginner with metal chopstics, I managed to drop a large part of the side dishes).
After picking up Peter's dj-ing stuff from his apartment, we went out for some fun.
And yes, fun I had!

Until 4.30 am, when I realised it was time to go to the airport.
So nope, I had no sleep. I took the subway to the airport after picking up my things from the hotel, and with a 2-hour flight (and some nice turbulence), I was yet again back in
Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment