Friday, September 23, 2011

Chocolate covered.. typhoon



The job for Fudge was all about
fur.  I had 12 cuts in total, and it took less than five hours. I love working for Fudge and I really hope the love me too.

I was working with a really nice hair&make-up artist, who spoke good English and had a great sense of style. She painted my nails with this wonderful matt
Knock Out chocolate colour nail polish, that you can get only from US or internet shopping. Truly irresistible for chocaholics!
(Please let me know, if you are coming or going to US, so I could kindly ask you to bring me a few of those
KO nail polishes!)
This is the last outfit, that I really adored. The skirt was supercute and fluffy. I felt like a little chicken.
Actually I liked many of the coats, boots and furs I was wearing. The one I loved the most, cost something like 128 000 yen.. It would be crazy to buy one of these special-treatment-needing fur coats for those always-so-muddy Estonian autumns.
At least, that's what I say to myself.




Monday itself was hot and humid. You could really smell the rain coming.

Tuesday was cold. And yes, cooold.
I had to wear a jacket! And leggings under a skirt.

Otherwise it was a boring day - gym in the morning and castings in the afternoon. I did some shopping in GAP store during my break between castings.
- when they say, you get an extra 15% off, if you buy three items, you simply
have to buy three items!!
Isn't it so?


We all knew, that the typhoon was coming on Wednesday.

And oh boy, did it come!
I met Nagi in Shibuya station around 2.15 pm. By then it was already windy and rainy.
It got much worse later on. I was the only one from Zucca doing castings all day - others were working (and one of the girls had to leave, because she hadn't booked any jobs during her stay at all). So after my third casting, me and Nagi had to go to Odaiba (one of the man-built/fake islands), to pick up Nadia from the studio she was working in. The wind was crazy by then! When we reached Odaiba, I was sure the car was going to flip over any second. So freaking out, I asked Nagi to park somewhere inside. Thank God! he did so. I'm sure it was the worst time of that storm. Even inside the building, the car was still swaying heavily. And the wind whistling through the corridors.
 I was really upset, and I didn't want to leave the building. Nagi left me there, and went to pick up Nadia alone. I stayed inside, and luckily found a Starbucks. Whatever could calm me down better, than a hot Apple Crumble Latte?

Somehow Nagi survived, and managed to pick up Nadia and then me again, so we could go back downtown. It was much better there.
Still three of my castings were cancelled, so I could go home. Since our manager couldn't take us back, we took a subway..The walk back from the station wasn't bad. The rain had stopped, but the wind still really strong. All I was afraid of, were the piles of broken umberellas..

And why were the streets full of broken umberellas??
Because even if there's a friggin typhoon outside, that makes the rain come from above and under, some of the Japanese still try to hide under their umberellas. And let me make it clear - the umberellas were upside down, and broken, and they were
no use! They only made the trafficing more dangerous. So I really don't understand, what was going on in those people's minds? What makes you open a umberella, if there is wind blowing 144 km per hour?!

Anywho, this was the first typhoon for me. As Toshi told me, they rarely hit Tokyo, so I was lucky.


For today morning, all the signs of a storm had gone. The sun was shining and the streets were clean again. In the afternoon it did start raining again, but nothing compared to yesterday.
I had only two castings - lingerie and fitting models.

And once again there's a three-day holiday coming.
I hope I will find something to do. Boredom is such a pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment