Monday, September 12, 2011

Double-Fudge


When coming back from Korea, I had a lot waiting for me. First of all the apartment, that completely dazzled me. And then the jobs.

The decision of leaving Osaka earlier was the smartest. In the week I was here for castings, I booked 5 jobs (one of them a two-day job). So, already on Sunday ( the first day of my contract) I was working for Fudge magazine (they have a natural&cute style)

On Sunday morning, after my first night in the new apartment, I woke up at 5.55 am thanks to a earthquake. It
is kind of funny on the 13th floor.


After the quake

Later in the morning, had to take a subway from Roppongi to Shibuya (changing in Ebisu, that is close to Shibuya) and go on from there on foot. But I decided to walk to the meeting place from Ebisu. So ignoring the agency's directions, I asked some help from a policeman, and started walking. And as fortunate I was, it started pouring. My map got soaked and ripped. Luckily, just before I reached the Fudge office, a car pulled down next to me and the driver handed me his umberella. And this truly happens only in Japan. (Of course it has a little to do with the fact, that they sell these cheap, 400-500 yen umberellas here)
So thank you, whoever you were!

The shooting place was about an hour drive out from Tokyo, in a place called Johnson Town. It was kind of a American style theme village. I guess like a Americatown (as there is chinatown).

The job was easy, and the clients were nice. I had only 4-5 cuts too, but it still took long. I had to do all sorts of things - from singing on the bed, to climbing on a bus.

Well yeah, these pictures will be useful only in Asia.


After the job we went to eat in one of the small buildings, that was made into a burger-bar. The lunch choice was a hotdog, a ham&cheese burger or a Teriyaki chicken burger. I hadn't had a burger for at least a year, so this home-made one was truly great. Even though I really don't like eating fastfood. (Well, this one didn't come fast anyways).
The drive back to Tokyo took almost 3 hours. Damn traffic!



On Monday I was working for Fudge again - now the client was willing to pay for the taxi, because I had to be at the office at 6.30 am. The studio was out from the city. This time it was a nice villa near a train station called Zushi (I've also worked in a place called Kuki). And the shooting theme was 'party girl'. So they let me laugh, and sing, and dance, and play a guitar, and so on..A lot of acting. When I had finished a few cuts, Sarah (from Donna) came. The 'party' continued.



The results are once again not too useful in Europe, but surely perfect for Asia. I'm waiting for October so badly, to see myself in two spreads in Fudge magazine. Jippijeeyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment