Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ramen



Today was my first time to try Japanese noodle soup -
ramen. I heard of that dish the first time in the beginning of last year, when I was watching the movie "Ramen girl".
Since that, I have been really eager to eat it myself. When I was it Tokyo last year, I somehow managed to leave without trying it. So this time, eating ramen soup, was again on my must-do list.
Now I can finally cross it over - I have officially tried Japanese ramen!

The thing about ramen is that, it is really, really filling. So you should never eat it for dinner. The best time to eat it, would be early lunch time. When you've had a nice big bowl of ramen, you won't even want to see any food for at least the next four hours.
And if you are planning to go for that tasty noodle dish, you definitely should go with an empty stomach.
So this is why it took me so long, to eat ramen. Today fit well - I went to the gym in the morning, so it made me hungry enough, and Reelika hadn't had anything to eat at all the whole day.
We tried to find one of these really Japanese places, but since we were starving, we didn't have much patience, and we settled with a restaurant in Roppongi Hills.




It was one of these places, where we had to choose our dishes and buy a ticket from a vending machine, before we could enter the restaurant. Then we gave our tickets to the waiter, and in less than ten minutes, we could already enjoy our soup.



Me and Reelika both took the ramen soup with pork, just with the little difference, that I had it soy-tasted.



Ramen is served with boiled egg, a nori leave, some pork and green onion. The chopsicks are for noodles and the spoon is for the broth.


I truly love noodle soups, and I loved this ramen as well. The best part of all soups is always the broth. As usually, the ramen dish was huge, so there was no way, we could finish eating it.
But it doesn't mean that Japanese can't do it: two young Japanese guys came to the restaurant and finished their ramens within four minutes. Amazing!
And I bet they had had some
onigiri (rice balls) for breakfast as well. (because that's what many Japanese people often eat for breakfast - rice balls, fried chicken, sausages, sweet omelette, miso soup)

The truth is, I've tried many noodle soups before, and I can't tell which one I liked the most. But honestly, it doesn't really matter, until it is fresh and nutritious. I can really say, that I am a big fan of noodle soups, especially ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment