Thursday, September 15, 2011

Japanese salarymen



Monday was simply boring again. I went swimming in the morning, just before castings.

Tuesday I was working for the same underwear client as on Sunday. This time the job was even easier - I had only five cuts. And after the job, that finished 2 hours earlier, we went for lunch in a Chinese restaurant
. I had a noodle soup with vegetables, that made me full for the whole day, and today morning as well...
In the evening me and Reelika went for a walk in Azabu-juban. While sitting on a bench in a rest area, these two funny Japanese guys came to talk to us. The conversation was something like this:
"Hello! What are you doing?"
- "Mida sa must tahad? Mine minema!"
"Sorry? Where are you from?"
- "Aru ei saanud või?"
"Are you from Europe?"
- "Mine ära juba, mis sul viga on?"
"Sorry, can you say more slowly?"
.. (laughter between me and Reelika)
and it continued..in English now. Or so we thought,
- "We are from Estonia"
"Estonia? Ohh yes, Lithuania... Estonia..!!"
- " Wow, you even know where Estonia is! What do you know about Estonia?"
mumbling something like "..what.. know.. Estonia..?" as an answer,
- "What you know of Estonia?" (Skip some words, and change others to more simple ones - that's how they usually understand English)
and again something I don't remember and that made no sense anyways, as answer. But it continued.
"What are you doing in Japan? Students?"
- "Yes, students... And you?"
"Salarymen. Japanese salarymen! Ha-ha-ha"
-"Ok, very funny.."
"You are very beautiful!"
- "Arigato"
"Oohhh, sugoi!" ..(.and they said something like "they speak Japanese" to each other)
- "So, what's up?"
"..What ...up...??! What...up??.."
-" Yes, what's up - what are you doing?"
"What doing? DRINKING!"
and it went on..until we simply said "Sayonara!" to those two ridiculous guys. They were truly gigling like 12-year-old school girls.
Don't even try to bother us, if you don't speak any English! And especcially if you don't understand that I'm not talking in English, but in Estonian..Don't make a fool of youself!

It happens really often, while walking, or sitting somewhere, that random Japanese guys try to make friends with us. Because we are white, and blonde. (well, for Japanese I
am blonde!). I get that almost every time I'm walking around Shibuya.
 Yes, I'm pretty sure it does happen
every time I walk around there...or anywhere. I just haven't been walking around much lately..
It is extremely funny sometimes. And other times it just annoys me. It happens way too often. So it is the easiest to start speaking to them in Estonian, so they think you are crazy, and they leave.

I know it's not nice or polite, but come on - how many of these "friends" can I take??


So today I went to the gym in the morning and then I had two castings. So bored. Unless I have a job, I am extremely bored. And I repeat - nothing, nothing at all, makes me as happy as working!


There are holidays coming again soon..I hope I figure out what to do..I don't like to be bored at all! I'm in Tokyo and there is no reason to be sitting in the apartment! My room is for sleeping only! And that's the reason, I'm not too good with the blog either..

No comments:

Post a Comment