Saturday, August 20, 2011

All so familiar



I've had really long past 42 hours.
I've just taken a shower, cleaned my room and before that been to the gym. I arrived back from Tokyo at 8.30 pm.
On the way to the apartment, a strange Japanese guy came up to me and wanted to give me a present. Well, that would've been really nice after a day working, but I started feeling sad for that guy. He confused me with somebody else - he said he was sorry to come here again, but that he had something to give me (I noticed a nicely wrapped box in his shopping bag). I did my best to explain him, I wasn't the only white girl living in our hotel, and that he was probably waiting for someone else.
He seemed so sad, he'd been waiting on the corner of the street for a while, I guess. Even when I got back from the gym after 11 pm, I saw him leaving by bike - he must have a teensy-weensy crush.



My travel to Tokyo and back was surely more than I expected. I left Osaka with the 7.47 pm Shinkansen (the Japanese bullet train) straight after my castings on Thursday (for what I woke up at 8 am!!) and got to Tokyo Shinagawa station two and a half hours later. I hurried to the subway and to my hotel, because the manager and some of the girls
from Zucca (my agency in Tokyo) were already waiting for me. We got together and went to one of those notorious Feria dinners. Many of the girls had their last weekend in Tokyo.
I was thrilled from that spontaneous idea of going out before my job, so I am sure I said more than I should've had and in a more hyper way than would've been appropriate. But who cares - I was glad to be back in a place I missed so much and meet some wonderful people. I saw the two Estonians, who are both sadly leaving before I go to Tokyo for good, as well as I had the chance to freshen up my relations with the PR's, to be sure they greet me well the next time I visit Feria.


The only picture from going to Feria. No wonder..ice-cream.

Although I really enjoyed the company, I followed the common sense, and took the last subway to Omote-Sando, where from I walked back to my Hotel - Sakura Fleur Aoyama - that was close to Shibuya (one more metro stop, but by another line). I got to sleep at 2 am, after I had showered, packed my bag again and teared out the battery from the hotel's alarm clock (because of the 'tic-toc' sound it made). My sleep did'nt last long though - my alarm was set on 5.45, to meet the client for the underwear job downstairs at 6.20 am.

Now, as it is over, I can say my job was superb. But I am sure, if you'd asked me around 9 am, I would've answered differently. It is funny, how some things that annoy you so much, can be so easily ignored, so that you could concentrate on the pleasant things instead and simply enjoy every moment. Well, I did that after a short while. There was no reason why not to - the client, make-up artist and stylist were the sweetest ever. For the shooting, there were three kinds of settings: first one was (as usually) 'kawaii', the second one was
a bit pin-up and 60's, and the third - well, those were simply waist down shots for pants- nothing special. I decided to keep my puffy hair and the Twiggy-style eye make-up. I got the fake eyelashes as a present too (with the box and glue and everything!)


The second idea was something like this

I finished the job earlier than supposed to, so I got back to Shibuya before 4pm, where I had decided to spend some time. Unfortunately it was raining hard, so I just inhaled the famous Shibuya-crossing-sight to myself again. Which was even greater, being filled with hundreds of umberellas. The crossing itself has changed a lot with the year - many new stores and billboards in the view.





Already at 5 I was again at Shinagawa station, to take the Shinkansen back. As a surprise though, there had been an earthquake and also some heavy rain, so all the trains were delayed. I decided to wait 30 minutes on the platform (and pass 3 earlier trains), to be sure to get a seat on the long way back.
First I did have to stand up, but already in Yokohama (about 10-15 from Tokyo by Shinkansen) I got to sit down and enjoy the view over the fields and mountains of Japan.

Hmmm, and 'special attentio' for tomorrow's job: "Make Happy Genki Pose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment