Monday, November 14, 2011

Home-style



I love messing around in the household. I am currently obsessed with making everything myself - just like a five-year-old, who wants to be a grown-up.
Since I was thirteen-fourteen, I've loved baking.
Until now, I have been such a sweet tooth. Just recently I noticed, that I've started preferring salty food more. Still, baking is a hobby of mine.
Now when I bake or cook something, I usually try to make everything as healthy as possible. I try to keep wheat out from my bakings (sometimes I use whole-grain wheat flour, if I can't do without) and I like to make things as low-sugar and low-fat as possible. I like to experiment. It doesn't always come out as well as I hope. That's how 'interesting' food happens.

Today I made
buckwheat cookies. I found the recipe in this foodblog. They came out really crispy and nice. Perfect when on the go or just for a little snack.


There was a time, when I really wanted to be an architect or interior decorator. I watched a lot of shows on BBC Prime, that taught how to design your home. A while I was pushing my mom and dad to renovate our house. Since they didn't have enough time for that, and I was still too young (and out of money) to do that, I threw the idea away for a while..
Now, I still like decorating our house, but my dreams for the future have changed a bit. Sometimes I give my hand on renovating an old piece of furniture (which I completely
love doing!) or just bring some freshness into our house with some new ideas.

Last Tuesday I did a bit of flower arrangement with the last blossoms in our garden. It brought more life into my room for a whole week.




I use my time to do things I love, and miss while abroad, until I can.
I am slowly starting to pack too.
The time has gone so fast, since I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment