Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy happy Sunday



It was Fathers' day here, in Estonia today.
As we often forget to appreciate this important person in our life, it is wonderful to have a special tradition or a surprise for this dedicated day.
I have considered it a bit overwhelming to figure something new for every celebration. So I stick to roots -

As my dad grew up with the knowledge, that Sunday is Pancake Day
, he is always expecting some home-cooked pancakes for breakfast at the weekend. Sadly, there aren't always that many pancake-makers to find. Especially when I'm not home (like while those four months, when I was working in Japan).
So today morning, to wish my dad a happy Fathers' Day and send him off to work, I woke up early in the morning and made him a sweet pancake-breakfast and hot coffee to start his day with.
I believe there doesn't have to be anything expencive or fancy, to make someone happy. Self made things, coming from your heart, are the best.
I sure got a smile on my father's face:
)

No comments:

Post a Comment