Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wearing sandals



On Monday I was wandering around in Ginza.

Ginza is known as an upscale area of Tokyo with numerous department stores, boutiques, restaurants and coffeehouses. Ginza is recognized as one of the most luxurious shopping districts in the world. (Wikipedia)
So it is rather fascinating to walk between all those Dior, Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc, stores. I didn't manage to do much though, since I got a call during the day, that I was going to have a casting in the evening. Otherwise it was another holiday in Japan - National Sports Day - so I had a day off.

For some reason, one of the main roads was closed down for cars, so all the people were randomly walking on the street


On Tuesday morning I had to go to the agency by myself, because the first casing was there. Usually I get picked up from somewhere else, since I don't live too close and it takes me 45 minutes to get there. After the first casting I had to take some new snapshots for Europe. I really hope they will take me soon. It would be way too much for me to stay in Asia the whole year.

I still had some time left before the rest of my castings, so I spent some time with Ana, who lives in the agency's apartment (that is a 3-minute walk from the office). We went for a walk together and I got some rye bread from a
Boulangerie. It was pretty expensive - two pieces of bread, both about 150 grams, cost me 660 yen. But it was worth it - the bread I bought, that consist 90% of rye, tastes like handmade rye bread from Estonia.

In the evening, after we all had finished our castings, we had dinner with the agency. The first time, since I arrived. Unfortunately, only one of our bookers managed to be there - others were working in the office until late in the evening. Still, the dinner was really nice. Dinner is probably the only way, we can see all the girls together. Right now there are 9 of us, but I usually see only 3 or 4 girls during the day since we are driving around in different cars and having our own schedules for work and castings.


Whoopss!...I guess this doesn't need much explanation..

On Wednesday I met Nagi (our manager&driver) in Omote-Sando. I did the first castings alone, because most of the girls were working that day. I had 6 castings that day, and I booked some jobs too.



Some kawaii donuts in Omote-Sando

Thursday was not that good with castings - I had only three, and since I already got booked for the 28th of October, I couldn't go on a casting for a 7-day job in Australia. The first casting was in the agency again. After that I was sitting in the car for about 2 hours before my second casting, and then again, about two hours until my last casting. The long day in the car was killing me.
In the evening I went to Feria dinner again with Kasia and a bit later, Triinu came there too.

On Friday I had a really early start - my call-time was 10.20 am. I had 9 castings in total and I was stuck in the car for almost 11 hours. How crazy is that!  Even though, I didn't spend much energy, I was still so tired I didn't want to do much after the castings. So I just had some soup for dinner and watched a movie.

Today I went to the gym in the morning and then for a walk in Azabu-juban to do some grocery shopping. Now I'm planning to go out soon to meet Triinu. I really need to do some socializing. It seems so lonely now, when I can't see Reelika every day anymore.

Otherwise things are going well. I finally booked a fashion show. Tomorrow I have a fitting for it, and the job itself is on Monday. It is nice to take part of the Fashion Week, even if it means doing only one show. It is still something.
And until yesterday, the weather was really warm again - around 24 degrees during the day, so the summer clothes and sandals are back in use again.
Yesterday it got a bit windy and today it was raining. Still warm though. Kind of weird. I remember experiencing some heavy snow at this time last year back in Estonia. What a difference it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment